Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

One low beam does not work. Have checked bulb and fuses.

Customer Question
One low beam does...

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, checked both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2009 s60 2.5t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bulb and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First it was driver's side, now driver's side works but passenger side doesn't.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Volvo
1/3/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I understand your issue. You need to first check the blue wire in the connector, to see if it is getting power. If you are getting power there, then the issue that you are having is more than likely going to be the connector for the bulb or central electronic module. The central electric module would be the most probable since the issue switch from on bulb to the next. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for the circuits along with the description and operation of the central electric module. I have also included a TSB on the headlamp connectors that maybe the issue and you should inspect first.

To test and confirm this issue, you will need to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. The scanner will be able to diagnose the CEM. Here, I am attaching the replacement information for this component, just in case.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.