Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Is it true that the key code is stamped on the passenger…

Customer Question
Is it true that the...
Is it true that the key code is stamped on the passenger door lock?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
if not where?
1/1/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

To be honest I have never seen the key code stamped anywhere. When new there is a tag that comes with the keys and one in the owners manual packet. If those are gone a locksmith can tell the key code from the depth of the cuts on the key. They can also remove the ignition switch and take all the tumblers out to see there numbers which are the key code.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris