Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Windshield water not pumping. Reservoir is filled. Do not…

Customer Question
Windshield water not pumping...

Windshield water not pumping. Reservoir is filled. Do not hear pump. 2004 S60 Volvo. I wonder if it is the fuse or the pump. No warning regarding a system issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried yet attempting to isolate issue

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/29/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. I would be happy to assist you with this.It is most likely going to be a power issue, most common is a burnt fuse but it is not unheard of for these motors to fail as well. Do you have a multimeter that we can use for a few voltage tests?
no; how would I go about testing?
You will just need to test the power/ground signal at the washer pump, this will let us know if it has power and if it is a pump issue