Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Engine Service Light with a code of 042. With the key on…

Customer Question
Engine Service Light with...

Engine Service Light with a code of 042

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

With the key on accessory and holding the button the only code that came up was 042

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2004 V70

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just came up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A month ago a code came up about a cylinder 5 misfire

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/25/2017
Volvo Mechanic: internal88, Mechanic replied 2 months ago
internal88
internal88, Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I'm Brandon.

Did you mean you have a P0420 code?

The code showed up on the bottom left corner of the instrument cluster when I set the key on accessories and held the "A" button in.

You will needs an OBD2 scanner to scan it the vehicle's computer. I will opt out and another tech will help you out?

I wont be able to scan the car for 24 hours. Thanks
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

After you scan the vehicle, you should get a P0301 through P0305 if it is a misfire code, and 301 is for cylinder 1 and 305 is for cylinder 5 etc. If you can tell us the exact code we can help you pinpoint it. Let us know what you find there and write a list of all the codes stored in order they appear.

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician