Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

The ABS needs servicing message appeared on my 14 yr old…

Customer Question
The ABS needs servicing...

The ABS needs servicing message appeared on my 14 yr old xc90 screen. Subsequently, after I had a tyre repair and driving the car away from the repair shop the - what I assume was the ABS "self test " came on and stayed on for about 2 miles. During this time a sall sybol appeared in the right screen wich does not appear in the handbook

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No1 they are in good condition and are at the correct Pressures

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not able . The GreenFlag Brekdown mechanic has run a limited computer diagnosis of the cars computor and the sole fault is the Need for the abs service. There no indication for the proloned applcation of the "self Test"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The mechanic has left and our repair shops are closed until 02 Jan. As this appears to be an obscure fault I am seeking possible advice to offer my regular repair shop. I do not intend to drive the car until the 02 Jan.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
12/23/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician