Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2007 Volvo XC90 sport with the 4.4l v8. It…

Customer Question
I just bought a 2007...
I just bought a 2007 Volvo XC90 sport with the 4.4l v8. It has a valve cover leak and a power steering fluid leak. The power steering is leaking (milky greenish) through the oval weep hole on the bottom drivers side of the engine into the lower engine cover. I can not see a leak from the power steering pump lines or seal. What am I missing. Do one of the lines run somewhere that a leak would end up running from the weep hole below?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mechanic
I just repaired one with the same problem. The leak was from the pump body.You have to remove the upper intake manifold to get to the pump. You will then see, that the back of the pump is wet with oil.