Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My driver side brake light is out. I tried the fuse and

Customer Question
My driver side brake...

My driver side brake light is out. I tried the fuse and changed out the lights, but problem isnt fixed, my lights are still out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Its full, and it was checked maybe a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2004 volvo s60 2.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried the fuse, and replaceing the light bulb

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/21/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Both the left and right rear lamps are powered from the same source for the brake lamp. You need to verify the yellow wire to the driver's lamp is not powered when braking. If it does not then follow the wire harness from either lamp till it splits left and right and check the yellow wire there to see if there is a wire break. Both lamps get the brake signal on a yellow wire. Before the splice, it is a green wire.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician