Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Own 2006 volvo C70 T5 Made in Sweden. The daylight running…

Customer Question
Own 2006 volvo C70...

Own 2006 volvo C70 T5 Made in Sweden

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The daylight running light and the low beam light being the same light, is there a recommended bulb because since my drivers side ligtht has been replaced, can no longer see at night past approx 1 road chevron..I now consider it dangerous to drive at night low beams, cannot see much ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?

Affirmative, light is working, I lack proper visibility

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only I've had left bulb changed and no improvement in visibility. tks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/19/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Parts Information OEM Part Price

Headlamp Bulb

Without Xenon Headlamps

H11 55 Watt

Headlamp Bulb 989838

HB3 65 Watt

Composite Assy 989826

With Xenon Headlamps

H7 55 Watt

Exterior Bulbs 989829

Xenon Bulb

To Chassis 106999

Headlamp Bulb 983581

I found the problem, not headlamps. The headlight housing unit screw had been stripped when in for service (not admitted of course) and was not able to raise unit up for better visibility. Going to try led lights.
p.s. I do not even consider self repair on my volvo..
Have a good one

glad you got it

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager