Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

2009 Volvo C-70 trunk release does not release hatch, also…

Customer Question
2009 Volvo C-70...

2009 Volvo C-70 trunk release does not release hatch, also fuel filler does not open from button on dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

I have not, but when I click the open trunk button on fob, it doesn't sound like the relay released I can try WD-40 - righ in the latch receptacle?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ok, here is the long story - Auto club came to jump start and determined the battery was not goo. He replaced with a new battery and when he connected the cables, they were on the wrong posts! Sparks, horn etc. took it in for repair they found severl in line fueses blown and replaced, also has to replace the fusible link power wiring harness comeing off the pos on the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything lese seems to work ok, power roof power windows, etc

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/18/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, because of what happened with the reversed jumper cables, I am going to need the last 8 of the vin number to pull all the wiring schematics for the trunk and fuel door to see where the issue lies.

Well, first of all I don't think it is appropriate for me to hand over may VIN number, but I will let you know it is a 2009 Volvo C-70, T5. Now if you cannot get the appropriate info from that then refund my $19.00 , and keep the deposit. I have checked for fuses, I have checked for kinks or cracks in the wiring. I can open the trunk when needed by attaching a cord to the emergency trunk release( inside the trunk) into the passenger compartment read seat area.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager