Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

The radio isn't emitting sound. It's lit up but there's no…

Customer Question
Second opinion] The radio...

Second opinion] The radio isn't emitting sound. It's lit up but there's no sound coming out of it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Where's the fuse that I would check?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

It's a 2005 s60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the battery thinking it was that but it wasnt.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it just the radio problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

No sound for AMFM/or CD?

Yeah there's no sound. It's glowing and the display is on, but when I connect my phone with an aux cord or connect with Bluetooth there is no sound. It says it's connected but no sound

Thanks, ***** ***** ends up being a failure of the amps since it controls all the speakers from inputs from the radio. Step one of the diagnostics is to use a scan tool to retrieve the codes stored by the audio system.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris