Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 V40 wagon has power lights, radio etc but won't crank…

Customer Question
2002 V40 wagon has...

2002 V40 wagon has power lights, radio etc but won't crank or start no noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Drove it stopped at home wouldn't start 10 min later

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Messed with the geat lock, wheel lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Gear lock and release

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/12/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Key in the run position what is the theft light doing?

Will it crank in neutral?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

there is no crank or clicking just lights, radio if on, and info lights across bar

Can you access the starter and jump across both wires to see if it will crank?