Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My car started running low on coolant couple weeks ago,

Customer Question
My car started running...

My car started running low on coolant couple weeks ago, today I took it to a shop, there was no leaks, they flushed the coolant, then found out the engine could not get up to the operating temperature, at the beginning I thought the temperature gauge was broken, but they said it matches the temperature with the engine, and this morning when I trying to start the car, the car didn’t start the first time

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

It was after the mechanic flushed the coolant when they checked it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is a 2006 Volvo S60R

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I worked on some of the stuff, but nothing around the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s all for now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/11/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Nissan mike
Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic

hello thios is mike an expert from just answer. have you block checked to make sure there is not a blow head gasket? from what you have said leadf me to believe you have a blow head gasket

Nissan mike
Nissan mike
Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic