Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

1998 Volvo Station wagon. Seat belt warning lights and

Customer Question
1998 Volvo Station wagon...

1998 Volvo Station wagon. Seat belt warning lights and ignition light (where key inserts won’t go off when car is off and key is removed. Drains battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Red seat belt lights by rear view mirror and light which illuminates where key inserts on steering column.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don’t know what to try. We also had a problem yesterday with the flashers going on by themselves and not turning off. We locked and unlocked the car 20 timesto override it and it worked. Now the mentioned lights won’t go off and drained the battery.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/8/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi, does anything else stay on? or just those two lights?

Just two red seat belt lights by rear view mirror and small green ignition light
Do you have information for me?
A message says you are unable to call me but you are available for this online conversation. Okay?