Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Our xc60 2012 tailgate keeps half shutting then opens back…

Customer Question
Hi . Our xc60...

Hi . Our xc60 2012 tailgate keeps half shutting then opens back up. No obstruction and its not possible to push it closed. What can be the problem and how can i close the tailgate please? sarah

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, its a sunday and we are trying to simply close the tailgate. we have sprayed strut with wd40 lubricant but no help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The issue has been happening for about a week now but always managed to manually close the tailgate, there is a very small bulge in the strut cover on the right hand side of the car (drivers side in australia) that we thought may be causing the tailgate to lift back up. Also the gate lift fully open then drops back down about 10cms as if the strut is not holding the weight. thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
12/2/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

hi steve,
I hope that you have read my conversation with JA. How can i get my tailgate to close on my xc60 as it's stuck half closed.
Sarah