Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Looks like the front brakes are sticking. I just change oil…

Customer Question
Looks like the front...

Looks like the front brakes are sticking. I just change oil yesterday and I pull the hand brake and release it afterwards but now the car doesn't run straight its pulling to the right. there is no brake light on though

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Fluid is ok. at the level but I do smell brake fluid burning that's why I think its the brake sticking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

Volvo xc 70 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC 70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything yet. trying to find out from internet what to do. yes I did change the brakes and rotors last year

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to do first

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Volvo Mechanic: internal88, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
internal88
internal88, Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question.

Since you are pulling to the right. The left side of the brake caliper is stuck.

You could find out which caliper got stuck by touching the caliper. The stucked caliper should be warmer than other calipers.

Have you done this yet?