Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Volvo C 70. Has been to multiple shops and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Volvo...
I have a 2006 Volvo C 70. Has been to multiple shops and we're having a hard time locating a rumble/growl in the front end. First thing I want to say is the bearings, axle shaft, Swaybar linkages and strut assemblies have already been replaced. The growl/rumble starts from take off and gets to its worst point at 20 mph. Amazingly enough the growl/rumble goes away shortly after 40 mph. Going over bumps makes the noise worse. Turning the wheel to the left or right only makes it slightly worse until you stop turning the wheel. Meaning once it's to the right or left and you hold it there the noise gets better. But it does not totally go away. Furthermore you only hear the noise when you're accelerating. When you coast or slow down the noise totally goes away. The noise can best be explained as a dull rolling thud. Almost with some electronic aspect to it. Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/30/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like a few shops owe you some money, you know your paying for a diagnostic and not a guess, as far as the noise is concerned, it may be in the transmission, It would be a good next step to have the front axles removed and a dummy plug inserted so you can isolate the problem

hows it coming?

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician