Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the following codes ECM92CC, ECM 640C, ECM310D, There…

Customer Question
I have the following...

I have the following codes ECM92CC, ECM 640C, ECM310D,

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

There are more codes ECM922D ECM92D0. The car idles rough and low power. I reset the codes but they come right back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

S40 T5 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am searching for a solution. Most codes see to relate to the throttle body and I might take it off the ar and clean

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/29/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if there is any wiring or connection damage at the throttle body or leading to it needing repaired as this can cause throttle body code issues.If this is o.k. try taking a rag with carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner sprayed on it and wipe out the throttle body bore and bore plate and see if this corrects the fault.If neither of these is the issue or work let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I cleaned the throttle body and it looked like the problem was fixed. However it came back a little later. The car does not misfire anymore but idle is rough and no power. Still having codes related to throttle body. Looks like I need a new throttle body.

I apologize for the delay as I had to leave in a hurry yesterday and couldn't get back here until now.

O.k., since the cleaning did help it does sound like there is a fault with the throttle body itself.I have seen the throttle body fail or act up causing this fault here with it needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician