Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Shudder when accelerating. It is 2003 fuel filters changed…

Customer Question
Shudder when accelerating Mechanic's...

Shudder when accelerating

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

It is 2003 fuel filters changed recently

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Volvo?

D5 XC90 D5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to diagnose the problem... I heve been monitoring the shudder is when slow accelerating arond 2000 RPM Also "Transmissin Service Required" came up yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all really - there could be a few root causes of this issue so need experienced mech

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/27/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

the shudder on these vehicle ,under load,(like 2000 rpm ) will be a TCC solenoid, torque converter shift solenoid or the torque converter itself, to know for sure we need to have it scanned with Volvo or equivalent scanner ,

what is the mileage on it now and was the trans ever serviced or checked for fluid level and quality

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat