Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced fuel pump and fuel relay but not starting. Oh it"s…

Customer Question
Replaced fuel pump and...

Replaced fuel pump and fuel relay but not starting

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Oh it"s 740 gl 1990 8600 origano milesl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced fuel pump in tank it is a regina system and replaced fuel pump relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes some one else put the wrong fuel pump in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 2 days by:
11/28/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Well chris the book says if there is no pressure then it will not start so am i suppose to jumper the pump to creat pressure. Or replace pressure. Sensor

I would try to get the pump to run first off and see what happens by supplying the pump with its needed power and ground.

Well that's great i just paid to not receive phone call

I have the flu, and can not call. Someone may full fill that 2nd service you asked for.

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician