Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My volvo xc70 2012 is running fine except when the weather…

Customer Question
My volvo xc70 2012...

My volvo xc70 2012 is running fine except when the weather gets cold and there is a frost outside the windshief freezes up with moisture that freezes up to ice. The wind shield wipers do no help because there is no frost on the outside of the car - only on the surface of the windshield. what could be causing this and what can I do about it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

It is not the wiper - because there is no moisture on the outside of the windshield only on the inside surface of the windshield. It freezes to the point that a scraper is needed to clear the ice and the defroster takes time to clear it further.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried to locate a leak that would enable cold air into the car. It is not a stream of water but the entire windshield that becomes a sheet of ice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No - we just want the freezing on the inside to stop so we have to locate the source and so far we have not been able to do that.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/25/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Normally when the inside of the windows frosts up, this means there is very high humidity inside the vehicle from a leak into the cab. After a hard rain do you notice any water in the vehicle or wet floors?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris