Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery died so I had triple a come snd jump start it.

Customer Question
My battery died so...

My battery died so I had triple a come snd jump start it. Now a few of my electronics are not working such as car seats I cannot adjust them. Also the gage which shows my gas level. I can't see it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I need to leave on 45 minutes since battery was so low. Car sounds exactly same. I haven t driven it in 5 days. That's why battery died or we left something in like a light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2010 suv. XC60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

alot of times after a low battery issues some of the computers could not reboot correctly

after the battery is charged disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 cables together for 1 minute then reconnect both to the battery

that should usually reset the computers and everything should work

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer