Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Volvo Convertible. The top does not work now.

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Volvo Convertible. The top does not work now. Apparently the window motor broke and I had it replaced but the top still does not work. My current issue is that a light blinks that the trunk is open it is not and beeping is going on when car is moving. The nearest dealer says they do not have the sensing machine anymore.???what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

On what do I put it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a mechanic and they read the book and order to wenches(guess that what they are) and still could not figure it out The beeping is what causes me not to use the car. I like the top to come down but I can still use the car if the beeping stops

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Start of problem. The top stopped half open when the motor in the window broke. The motor has been replaced. Shortly after that the light blinks on the switch for the trunk and beeps continuously when the car is moving. The trunk does not appear open and has been slammed shut too

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/20/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

Im Cesar Jimenez and im here to help you today. im reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible thanks.

Ok
Volvo Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

the convetible top has to do a relearn procedure. in order to do that you need a volvo diagnostic tool if no tool it will have to be taken to the dealer.

Volvo Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

if you have any other questions let me know