Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Touch screen has gone black and not coming back on. it there…

Customer Question
Touch screen has gone...

Touch screen has gone black and not coming back on. it there a rest some way? this controls most of the car i.e. heat and other functions. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

With the car. it is a new xc90 T5 and bought last Sept

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC90?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it were easy to fix I would. just tried turning the car on and off not sure what else to do. I live almost 200 miles for a Volvo dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/19/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fault you are seeing is usually a fault with the display itself.It can fail on its own internally and suddenly like you see here with it needing replaced.This happens suddenly unfortunately.

There is a service update for the software for your model for various radio issues and other electrical audio faults.This update has to be checked and done by a dealer.I would have this checked and done first to see if this repairs the display issue but if it does not or if this was already done then the display assembly has to be replaced in most all cases unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete - when i signed up for $5 there was no mention of it being actually $24 and I would not have bothered to ask and I ask for a money refund since I could have easily come up with the same answer of "take it to the dealer". Well duh! That is no help and obviously it is a software issue. I asked if there was a way i could reboot. Please refund my money!!
Pete I would like an answer on a full refund

Here is the link to customer care to speak to them on this

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete