Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Lots of black soot in spark plug well. 2000 s70 turbo. Not

lots of black soot in...
lots of black soot in spark plug well
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2000 s70 turbo
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not working on the turbo
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Trying to figure out a "no hot start sometimes"
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin .if there is soot in plug hole its likely that spark plug iisnt sealing correctly.does plug come out easy ?

Ok and was it in tight ? How does washer on the bottom of plug look ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Could this be the problem of a no hot start situation? or a sign of a leaking fuel injector?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Washer is ok I think. May not have been tightened properly
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Plugs are less than a year old.

This could very easily cause starting issues and a slight lack of power is possible also .i would replace plugs as the washer crush seals when tightening this will ensure a better seal

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Should I clean the soot out of the well?

No need wont cause any issues

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Okay, Thank you! I will try this

Let me know how you get on and please remember to rate my service

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How can I contact you again?

Just come back to this conversation in your account

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thanks

No problem please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician