Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Having issues removing the rear disk brake from a 2013 Volvo…

Customer Question
Having issues removing the...

Having issues removing the rear disk brake from a 2013 Volvo XC90R

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I removed the wheel, the caliper, removed the caliper mount, took off the 10mm screw for the disk. Taped it free, but it appears to have two hooks that hold the disc in place

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Good condition I originally was replacing the pads but the passenger side disc needs to be replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need to know about the process of taking the disc off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

it sounds like the handbrake needs winding back to me

this video should help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgKAGKQpI0

Volvo Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you