Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the code but need directions. 2001 S40. I just picked…

Customer Question
I have the code...

I have the code but need directions

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2001 S40

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just picked up the car from having it serviced and the radio would not work. It says off, but I cannot seem to program it to ON.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/18/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** for the wait on this question. Do you still need help entering the radio code?

Ok, when the radio says OFF it means it is in a waiting period because an incorrect code was entered. You will need to leave the radio turned on for up to two hours until the radio display says CODE. Once the radio says CODE you just enter your code and the radio will turn on. During the waiting period the key must be turned on to the first click and the radio must remain on.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service with the stars at the top of your page :-).