Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel loc, please try again" car will not turn

Customer Question
Steering wheel loc, please...

Steering wheel loc, please try again" car will not turn over. Changed ignition switch but no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes, I have power steering. Yes, I have fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

S40i 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I fix myself. I was able to removed the old ignition switch and install new one in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This issue have happened to me 2x. 1st time I towel the car home and when the car came down from beded towel truck the car started.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
My Volvo won't starts now. Key inserts no buzzzp sound turn all the way to the iii position and no crank. Message shows: steering wheel lock please try again. I replaced ignition switch. No buzzzp sound and no light or radio comes on and no start. Please help.
Answered in 3 days by:
11/21/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

No resolve yet