Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Car will not drive or reverse, put near transmission came…

Car will not drive...

Car will not drive or reverse, put Han near transmission came back completely black

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Around 4 weeks ago when the car started to act up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2001 Volvo s60 2.4T

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed throttle body, now transmission service required light has popped on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Makes a weird noise when pressing on the gas

11/17/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know which codes are stored?

If the fluid in the transmission is black, there is a very good chance the clutches are burnt. In that case an overhaul is the only fix at the minimum. You mentioned an odd noise, if that is a whine or whistle type noise. Then it can be the pump or a internal pressure leak.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

P0740, and P1618 and yes it is pitch black, and its a grinding noise

This indicates its toast in need of overhaul or replacement.

Sorry for the news.

Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Omg I was really praying that wasn't it, but thank you so much!

You are welcome