Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I have a 2003 Volvo V40, Very nice car, but now the right

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2003...
Hello, I have a 2003 Volvo V40, Very nice car, but now the right door window is staying in the lower position. The motor for it is working, so there is possibly a small mechanical problem. I live in Estero, Florida and believe I have to go to a Volvo Service place. Is there any you ca recommend i my neighborhood? Kindest regards ***** *****
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Hello, the car has gone about 124000 miles, automatic transmission
JA: Are you fixing your V40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried to fix it, just see that the window up and down window is not moving. The sound when activating tells the motor is OK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hello, I have not the remedies necessary to go on, so I believe this is a job for a repair shop
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
11/16/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your 2003 V40 has a cable driven window regulator and if you are hearing the motor running then the most common cause of this problem you are having is usually a failed regulator. The regulators are cable driven by the motor and what usually happens is the cable break loose at the regulator and the fix requires replacing the regulator assembly. The labor to do this runs 1.2 hours and any good automotive shop in your area can do this repair for you .

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician