Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

In panel not show temperature. Sorry,not show a air

In panel not show temperature JA...
In panel not show temperature
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: sorry,not show a air temperature
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 1999 1,9d s40
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No,I try to locate a sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: For now it only that problem
11/16/2017
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the display that shows the outside vehicle temperature display and does it show dashes or is there no display at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,Pete.Yes it do not show digits just stripes.Like - - -.

O.k.,the dashes usually indicate the panel is unable to detect the temp sensor signal.I have seen this issue before and the outside temp sensor had to be replaced to resolve this fault.My info isnt showing for sure on your model where it is located but on other model Volvo in this year it is located in the passenger outside mirror housing as shown below.I suspect your temp sensor needs replaced to resolve this fault here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ui0q3xybqlcbxp/te-11-16.gif?dl=0

Before having it replaced I would have the wiring checked leading to the mirror and sensor.If your mirror is damaged or missing this is why it is showing this and needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok,I houpe it that problem.Thanks.

Your welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,I removed the mirror, there is no temperature sensor.Say where he is located.Volvo S40 1,9Di 1999y.

That is odd as that is where my info shows it is located.Check in front of the radiator and at the bumper for this small sensor to see if it is installed into a bracket or hole.Let me know if you find it.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
if it is located in front of the radiator, then I have 3 plugs there

Can you take a picture of these and send them to me here.There should be a paper clip icon or an icon to click on to upload them here.

Pete, Technician