Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a ticking noise when I accelerate and when I first…

Customer Question
There is a ticking...

There is a ticking noise when I accelerate and when I first start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I think its coming from the turbo i checked the injectors and it isnt them and i dont think its low oil pressure from bad o rings in the oil pan because it seems to be coming from only one spot i tried to see if there was an exhaust leak but couldnt find one

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

The car is 2003 with just under 150000 miles and as far as i know the turbo is origional

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the coils too so its not them but i havn't done anything with the turbo yet

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Volvo
11/9/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Did you use a stethoscope on the turbo to see if it was to blame?

no I didn't use a stethiscope yet on the turbo

Is there any way you can try that to confirm it is the source of the noise sense I am not able to hear it in person?

but I will have to do it tomorrow. It is 1:00 AM here and I have to go to bed.

Fully understand