Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

When driving highway speeds(80to85 kph( car sputters and…

Customer Question
When driving highway speeds(80to85...

When driving highway speeds(80to85 kph( car sputters and feels til it levels off. Had fuel pump replaced last yea

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

R, and it ran good til temp months ago. What's up?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2004 , s60 , 2.5t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No mechanic did thework on pump. So far I have not touched anything else

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That it. Would like know if any updates might fix problem. I have regular oil change

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Volvo Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 9 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The fuel pressure needs to be tested again along with the volume. The pump still could have failed again,new or not. Maybe it's still under warranty too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Do you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.