Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 s40. key fob will not unlock the door but car still…

My 2008 s40. key...

My 2008 s40. key fob will not unlock the door but car still strts

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes we replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My friend is a mechanic he hasnt gotten anywhere with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just wanted to see is there was a way to sycn my fob or just take it to a dealler

Answered in 2 days by:
11/8/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry I nor the other techs here have gotten to you. I am willing to try and help if I can. Can you add any more details on this concern or if it has been resolved, since you have paid for help, do you have another question?

Chris

the mcem was replaced on the car. the car turns on but the fob will not unlock the door. is there something i need to do in order to sync the two
CEM****

You will need a diagnostic tool to program your fobs to this vehicle. It can not be done DIY.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician