Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to replace VVT solenoid in 2009 C70 T5. Solenoid I…

Customer Question
Trying to replace VVT...

Trying to replace VVT solenoid in 2009 C70 T5. Solenoid I removed seems to have left a sleve behind in the head. New solenoid seems to have this outer sleve integrated into the solenoid, not removeable. Looks like a big job to get those sleves out of the head where the VVT solenoids slide in. Has anyone come across this problem. Need a solution, hate to think of pulling the head to pound those sleves out from the inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, with the assistance of a family member who works at a local auto repair garage. I have VVT solenoids out and need to get the new ones in but they don't fit. Part is correct we checked it with supplier by the VIN #.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
10/17/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. In order to remove the VVT solenoid, the upper timing cover. Here, I am attaching the replacement procedures for you so the your will have a better understanding. Check out this information and keep me posted.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

This did not answer my question. Are you sure you read my question?
I need someone who knows this cylinder head inside and out, not just a page out of a shop manual. I know how to remove and install per manual instructions. When there is an assembly on the cylinder head that does not match the diagram, this is where the problem is. I need an expert who has seen this before. Thanks
Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago
eric remington

er​ic here to help..I replaced one of these recently....didn't seem to have an issue any way you can send a pic of old and new