Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

We changed the fuel sensor on my 2006 Volvo xc90-but the…

Hi-We changed the fuel...

Hi-We changed the fuel sensor on my 2006 Volvo xc90-but the check engine light came back on. Not sure why?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Volvo?

2.5 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband changed the fuel sensor-it was a Bosch with the same number that was on the original Volvo part.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

The code that popped up before we changed the fuel sensor was and is P0089
10/17/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Have you scanned it again to confirm the same code is stored?

Does the fuel gauge read correct?

Hi-Yes the same code came up and the fuel gauge is reading correctly.

This code is for a faulty fuel pressure signal. Can you try these steps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tm04rq4tiptfj5/ecm2900.png?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician