Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Volvo v70 wagon and the rear hatch will not…

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Volvo v70 wagon and the rear hatch will not open. How do I open the hatch door from inside of the car so I can fix the problem once opened?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I removed the inside panel and have been trying to see if I can open it by manually moving the electric lock parts. hard to explain

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
10/6/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, remove the rods to the lock actuator and then remove the 3 torx bit screws to the lock actuator and it should open