Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a p1671 code that cause the car to fail emmisions…

Customer Question
I have a p1671...

I have a p1671 code that cause the car to fail emmisions inspection. I need to know how to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volvo. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, thank you, ***** ***** fixed all the other ocdes codes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
10/4/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by,.

Volvo Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

What is your vehicle's year make model and engine size?

2000 VOLVO S70 L5, 2.4L; DOHC; 20V; MPFI
no calls please
Volvo Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

No need to call, ignore the pop up.

ok
Volvo Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

DTC P1671 is not part of the manufacture provided code list. Are you sure that is the code present?

It showed on an obdII and state inspection scan. Having something to do with a cam possition sensor
specificaly the code says Code P1671 indicates the PCM detected the camshaft position actuator signal was not within acceptable limits.
Volvo Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

I checked in all thre 2.4 l engine models for the year and cannot find this code. I will opt out and let another expert assist you,

ok should I just wait here?
Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This code is for the camshaft reset valve, which is the solenoid that controls oil flow into the variable valve timing cam phasers. This is a circuit code and is either being caused by a wiring issue or the solenoid itself. It will require some electrical testing at the time the code is active to know for sure what is wrong.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician