Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

2004 Volvo S40 135k miles Dash display of ambient temprature…

2004 Volvo S40 135k...
2004 Volvo S40 135k milesDash display of ambient temprature is intermittent. Sometimes an accurate display.....sometime a spurious display (-49) and sometime simlpy -------. Is the sensor bad or something else. The computer and air conditioning are unaffected
10/5/2017
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Issue remains
The problem still exists.

the ambient sensor needs replacing since hvac not effected , common issue ,it will be located on the driver side mirror

there 2 sensors, one is called (climate unit sensor ) for hvac and one is called (Sensor outdoor temperature )

click on link to view pdf file and sensor location

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Shawn Few
Thanks for your response.
There appears to be an outside air sensor that is located behind the bumper (on the driver side) and in front of the condenser. What is it?
Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few