Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2005 60R. With 80k miles. All is well but the radio…

Customer Question
I have 2005 60R. With...
I have 2005 60R. With 80k miles. All is well but the radio is misbehaving. Th issues is that it switches between the various fm/am/cd settings on it's own. Pushing the FM button will get it back briefly. There is no clear pattern to the issue. Any ideas??
Allen Chroman
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 day by:
10/6/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Although others have reviewed this question and passed on it. I am willing to try and assist if help is still needed.

The issue is as described above. The radio will sporadically shift between FM 1,2 or 3, am or cd modes. Pressing FM again will get it back to FM1 but only for a while and it will shift again??

Do you have steering wheel controls for your radio on your model and if so does this seem to be affected by steering inputs?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris