Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 Volvo s80 will not start and run. the spark plugs…

Customer Question
My 2003 Volvo s80...

My 2003 Volvo s80 will not start and run. the spark plugs have been changed the cam sensor and crank sensor have been replaced the throttle body positioning sensor has been replaced and the mass air flow sensor. the fuel pump is running and fuel is getting to the motor. I had a buddy put it on a computer and its showing 10 codes relating to the ECM? He said either the ECM is bad or needs to be reprogrammed. I don't know what to do at this point. help me please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

I did crank and ran for about 2 minutes and died and would not start up again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the things I thought were wrong with new parts to include what I listed and the spark plugs and the parts that go on top. sorry I cant remember what they are called.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of Ms. Wilson

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
10/1/2017
Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If ten fault codes started setting at once then there is a very good chance that there is an internal failure in the engine controller and it will need to be replaced. Reprogramming software, if there is even an update for it, won't repair the failure.

Do you have all P code numbers that are currently setting?