Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

High engine temperature message in a 2009 V50 sedan My niece…

Customer Question
High engine temperature message...

High engine temperature message in a 2009 V50 sedan My niece is driving to her job and has an hour to go. Wonders if it is safe.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

I asked her that, and she hasn't (she is not sure how to do it, honestly). The car has 60k or so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

No; she has work done at certified volvo mechanic and keeps up with maintenance stuff.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/29/2017
Volvo Mechanic: internal88, Mechanic replied 10 months ago
internal88
internal88, Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon - Volvo tech.
Do not drive the car, the engine is overheating. Please tell her to pull over in a safe place and call a tow truck.

Most likely the thermostat is damaged or is lack of coolant.

Let me know how she makes out.