Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Sunroof won't close. 2010 xc60. Pulled fuse to check. It…

Customer Question
Sunroof won't close Mechanic's...

Sunroof won't close

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2010 xc60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled fuse to check. It looks good sunroof tries to close but reopens immediately. Checked to see if there was anything in racks that might be setting off sensor but didn't see anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Only one by glove box. Didn't see anything in diagram that would suggest any other fuse for this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/27/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hi I am Chris, this concern is not my specialty but I am willing to try if help is still needed.

Someone suggested I disconnect the battery for a half hour or more then reconnect to see if this resets the sensor. Would you agree this might work?

I see no harm in trying it. You would remove the cables, hold the cables together for one minute, then 30 minutes later reconnect them and retest. Let me know those results.

Why hold cables together for a minute?

That resets the modules by draining the capacitors.

Ok I'll give it a try. I'm at my desk so it will be a bit before I get to it.

No problem you can respond later