Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Volvo the batteries were dead flat we put a…

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Volvo the batteries were dead flat we put a charger on it and put it on Engine boost start it started and then after that we got the flashing red light that says stop engine we don't have any codes but it just keeps beeping in the light keeps flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

We put in new batteries new cables even tried a new alternator and it's the same

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '98 Volvo?

We put in new batteries new cables even tried a new alternator and it's the same s60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah we're working on it ourselves we check for codes there are no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Coolant level is a ok oil pressure is good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 4 days by:
9/30/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 8 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You