Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2010 s40 with external surface temp possibly

Customer Question
Have a 2010 s40...

Have a 2010 s40 with external surface temp possibly malfunctioning. took to dealer and they replace sensor and though issue was handled. Issue continues. Dealer said some connection in driver door may need to be replaced at a much higher cost. I have already spent 300+ on sensor repair. I did notice and thought I may have been imagining things, but the cool air in cabin reduced different times this past summer. Could the two issues be related

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The sensor is the sensor on dash which displays the external surface temp. I think mechanic handled diagnostics and there may have been no codes. I will need to again ask.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have car serviced at a volvo dealership. All i have had addressed so far is the replacement of external temp. sensor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 day by:
9/27/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hi I am Chris, this concern is not my specialty but I am willing to try if help is still needed.

HI. sorry, but I really need a specialist since this type of problem is somewhat common for volvos, but NO one has answer. I am now trying other sources. thank you