Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I just had the transmission replaced on my 95 940 wagon.

Customer Question
I just had the...

I just had the transmission replaced on my 95 940 wagon. When I started the car there was 2 loud bangs as my engine started and my car idles very rough. I know this has nothing to do with the transmission but the car wasn't running like this before I took it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am in the process of replacing the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and wires.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the loud bang on startup is scary. Thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/23/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 10 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

If it wasnt like that then get them to pick the car up and rectify it, this isnt acceptable and could be dangerous.

Please keep me informed.

I just took a look and it seems that whoever removed the transmission dipstick didn't realize that there was a catch that needed to be pushed to the side and upon yanking it out damaged a throttle cable directly above it. The black cable cover has been pulled out of the connection, exposing the cable. The metal catch on the transmission dipstick no longer holds the dipstick securely.

i would definetly call them as soon as possible.

it is not acceptable they have not fixed what they broke.

Please dont try to fix it or they will tell you the warranty is void.

Thank you for your advice.

they need to address this problem.