Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil was super low... indicator light DID NOT come on... now…

Customer Question
Oil was super low.....

Oil was super low... indicator light DID NOT come on... now the car sounds like its missing and dies out

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Volvo Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2005 xc90

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Putting oil... i checked th rest of the fliuds, all looked fine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/22/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

How much oil did you have to add to get the level correct?

Are you leaking oil or is it burning the oil?

Did it run any better with oil added?

it did not run it on the street because it died out in my garage.
its between the + & - level now-i added oil
no leaks
cant call right now
it starts; but sounds funny now...

How many miles were on the oil that was in the engine?

Can you describe the sound it makes?