Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It's the radio. It won't stay on station. Usually happens…

Customer Question
It's the radio....

It's the radio. It won't stay on station. Usually happens when the temp is/has been hot. I have been on a couple of sites that said that there have been notices and that Volvo/the dealer will fix it free of charge. Others have said that to fix it would cost more than just getting a reconditioned/used one

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

Pearl- No issues with the radiator/coolant that I have noticed. Curious though, how would that affect the radio?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

It is a 2004 S80 (station?)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

Why are you asking about "Staion"

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you.

The problem is with the radio itself not staying of the channel I have selected, there's not any pattern with a particular station

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Are you, or will he, know if there is/has there been a Volvo/Dealer notice sent that they will fix the issue free of charge?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Volvo Mechanics require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

So even if there has been a recall by Volvo, I would pay labor at the dealership?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/22/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Shawn,
Let's get started
Also, no I do not want you to call me.
Hello?
Adding more info here...where are you
If you do not reply, I will dispute the charges to my credit card

does this model have the amplifier?