Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My son owns a 2000 s60...while driving today the check

Customer Question
My son owns a...

My son owns a 2000 s60...while driving today the check engine light started flashing...he reports that the engine sounds like to is whining while driving...just looking for possible reasons

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blinks but only when driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happened this morning and he is bringing it to shop this afernoon, but he is curious as to what it may be and the severity of possible problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all..thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/21/2017
Volvo Mechanic: internal88, Mechanic replied 9 months ago
internal88
internal88, Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon.

I believe you have the 2.4 liters engine.

The most common problem when the check engine light is flashing is engine misfiring.

This is due to bad ignition coil that go shorted.

You will need to replace the coils to fix the problem. I would also replace the spark plugs while you are working on it.

Please rate me positive, thank you!