Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It will start up but won't stay on. I would be driving and…

Customer Question
It will start up...

It will start up but won't stay on. I would be driving and all the lights will come on and the steering wheel will lock up the message is reading immobilizer sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All the lights inside the car on the right hand side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2006 XC90

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went to the dealership 3 times they supposed had fix the problems but it's ongoing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Volvo reprogram the ignition with a new key and that still didn't work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/21/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician