Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Hot air blows out of driver side defroster and vent but cold…

Customer Question
Hot air blows out...

Hot air blows out of driver side defroster and vent but cold air out of passenger side defroster and vents. 97 850. Dampers behind glove box are moving properly

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

No. why would that cause one sided hot air? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 850 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking at it before I send it out incase of ez fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
I took glove box out and can see that the Floor/Defroster Damper is moving properly and feel the air coming on and off through the defroster vents just fine except that its cold on passenger side and hot on driver side
9/20/2017
Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago
eric remington

a low Freon level can cause this or a passenger side blend door not fully opening or closing

Yeah I may have a freeon leak. where is blend door located?
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician